Who is your Target Market?
- Who are you trying to reach
- Are you selling to consumers or business?
- Where do they live?
- What industry are they in?
- What age group?
What is your Point? Obviously you are investing in marketing to win more business, consider these questions.
- What makes you different or special?
- What problem can you solve?
- What need can you satisfy?
- What is your Unique Selling Point?
- Why should they buy from you?
What is in it for me? There are a lot of flyers around that are no more than just a business card – a name and maybe a list of services on offer. When you get a flyer like that do you… save or bin it?
- The most effective flyers use time-bound offers, a call to action!
- “Half price this month”
- “Free bottle of wine with every quote”
- “Free consultation during November”
- Think really hard about the offering an incentive. “25% OFF” may get you some interest but “50% OFF” would definitely do the trick.
What do you want me to do?
- What is the next step? Once they have received the flyer…
- Tell them what to do next. “Call now for a free sample,” “Bring this leaflet to…” or “Email us for a quotation.”
- Spell it out! Make it easy for them to buy from you
How Will You Reach Me?
- Consider how you will get your message out, as this is very important in terms of design and print.
- Second class post is highly targeting, but quite pricey
- Inserts in a local free newspaper
- Local kids to do a flyer drop
- Insert into a magazine read by your target market
- Ask around at shops, cafes that your target market might visit to leave a few
What will it look like?
- We recommend you spend at lead 30% of your budget on design
- Design can mean the difference between success and failure
- Design is our business, talk to us
Our design team at printing.com North Shore have many years of experience between our 4 in house graphic designers. Here are some examples of what we can do…
Whether you know what you want, have a rough idea or need some design direction we can help. Check out our artwork packages.